Nov 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo and a new television channel

I have accepted the NaNoWriMo challenge once again this year. The target for each day is 1667 words. Today I have completed 1857!

Before I tell you the rest, I must get you up to speed on my TV viewing habits, which don't amount to much. They are confined to occasional episodes of "Masterchef" while I'm folding the laundry, snippets of English movies when the kids are not clamoring for cartoons and almost nothing in the evening.

Yesterday, a famous media group launched its first entertainment channel in Malayalam. The launch was scheduled for 6:30 p.m. and I promptly re-tuned our TV to find the new channel. I also had two coupons in hand - one from the newspaper and the other from the group's ladies' magazine. They are conducting a "Watch and Win" 'housie' game with fabulous prizes for winners including gold coins. The numbers appear in the upper left corner of the TV screen from 7-9:30 p.m. Yesterday I stayed in front of the TV as much as I could in that interval, getting my son to watch in my place while I had to make a few forays to the kitchen. It was about 8:30 when my almost-7-year-old started asking me some pertinent questions. 
"Amma, how long is this game for?"
""Several weeks", I replied. 
"So, do you have to watch this everyday for so long?"
"Yes"
"What for?"
"We might win a gold coin!"
"So what, if you want a gold coin, I'll give you one gold 5-rupee coin that I got the other day. Why do you want to waste so much time sitting here???"

It's past 7:30 today and I have not touched the game coupons.

How many numbers did I get to circle yesterday? Just one! Thank God for straight-thinking children!

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Movie Reviews in 1: Nanpakal..., Romancham, and Pranaya Vilasam

1. Nanpakal Nerathu Mayakkam (Siesta) Lijo Jose Pellissery's movies are an acquired taste. Each movie is different and probably appeal ...